I’ve been re-reading The 4-Hour Work Week and I realized that I’ve spent the last few years rushing through life and not really taking time to think! Although 2008 to 2011 have been my best years ever, I really feel like I have drained my energy and have sometimes left very little for myself (personal goals) and my family.
I quit painting, working on websites, investing in real estate, going to seminars and simply getting out and meeting people! It’s not that I haven’t been doing anything, it just seems like I have been focused on the wrong things. I’ve continued to keep up my financial education through blogs, documentaries and a huge number of books (see my reading list here).
Take this blog for example; I’ve probably sat down at my computer a hundred times over the past couple of years and started writing something. Suddenly I stop, get caught in analysis paralysis and never publish the post. (I fact, hopefully you actually get to read this one – who knows what my future self is going to do!)
Although I’m starting out again with a bit of a rant, I need to get something posted or I’ll fall back into my same pattern. Time for a re-focus? I think so and I look forward to any comments that you can give for ideas on staying motivated!
Here’s what I want to do for the next 12 months:
- Post at least seven updates, posts or reviews per week
- Transfer even more of my income from salary based into cashflow/investment income
- Dedicate more time to writing, research and publishing
- Increase the size of my network both through social networks and personal network events
- Increase my education by attending at least one seminar per quarter
I know, these aren’t all SMART Goals but I’ll keep them updated and add specifics soon!